Orioles have acquired LHP Daniel Rodriguez from Atlanta for cash

TonySoprano

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Orioles have acquired LHP Daniel Rodriguez from Atlanta for cash considerations.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">January 24, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>This is a minor league deal with Rodriguez. No spring invite, but Duquette says club will probably "take a look at him." <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> tried to acquire Rodriguez from Mexican League team a few years ago and were runners-up. Good curveball. Dom Chiti likes him.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I don’t understand why everyone is so offended.  We traded for a guy with a live arm lotto ticket and got him into a game that we won 11-3.  Go back and read the threads about Webb, Perez, Suarez, Irvin, Coloumbe, O’Hearn, Urias, and Mateo, when we acquired them. Hilarious.  The player we traded, Stallings, was going nowhere with us. So we essentially flipped a guy that was topped out in AAA, for a younger A ball pitcher, while also picking up a flier on a guy that throws high 90s. Geez, maybe we take back that GM of the year award from Elias.  The biggest development out of this is that we probably don’t see Vespi on the shuttle again for a bit because he’s already been optioned 4 times this year. The next time would be 5, meaning he’d have to clear waivers. So get ready for Matt Krook, or Kaleb Ort.  Also, we had two SP hit the IL. So Elias made a little move for a flier. 😂. Man, the Facebook site can at least laugh at themselves. 
    • The O's have only lost one Cole Irvin start this year and that was his first one.
    • It was Perez who deflected the ball. He was out of position. Instead of backing up home like he's supposed to, he was between the cutoff man, Mounty, and home. Adley was talking to him right after the play and I hope he was telling him to get his butt where it's supposed to be.
    • I wasn't referring to Bradish at all, I was talking about how pitchers are treated in the modern game.  
    • I missed that.   Thank you for confirming my suspicion 
    • miss the combo high OBP and high baseball IQ of players like Rod Carew and Tony Gwynn. not to compare a certain Oriole To The OBP of Gwynn or Carew, But I always loved Ken Singleton and to this day still think he is the most underrated Oriole.
    • the only thing I dont get is when he takes to a knee after he swings....it looks like he's off balance on any big swings...but at least he's producing..boy is he.
  • Popular Contributors